Gratitude: (n) the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Thankfulness isn’t just for Thanksgiving. There are so many things, every day, that you can be thankful for. We take advantage of a lot of stuff throughout our days; the activities we do, the way we feel, how we communicate – there’s a lot to appreciate in the world and it’s important to really think about it. It’s especially helpful when you’re in recovery and need inspiration/motivation. Recovering from addiction can take a toll on a lot of people, but focusing on the good throughout our day helps us appreciate the world a little more.
1. What made you smile today?
2. What is something you’re good at?
3. What made you laugh today?
4. What do you love about your life?
5. What do you love about your parents?
6. What’s your favorite part about your body?
7. What do you like most about your personality?
8. What freedoms are you grateful for?
9. What spiritual beliefs are you grateful for?
10. What made you cry today?
11. What was challenging about today?
12. What do you like about your life?
13. What do you love about nature?
14. What is your favorite thing to eat?
15. What is something challenging last year that is better today?
16. What is your favorite season?
17. What’s your favorite vacation?
18. What sport do you love playing?
19. What’s your favorite recipe?
20. What’s your favorite prayer?