The initial detox stage of kicking a drinking or drug habit appears impossible to many people during their disease. Who wants all that withdrawal pain, shaking, and night sweats? But this lingering trepidation can be worse than the reality of detox, essentially making a mountain out of a molehill. Learning more about how a drug detox program in Orange County works can help alleviate some of the anxiety you may have about getting treatment.
With proper medications and clinical supervision, New Start Recovery’s drug detox center in Orange County makes the first stages of recovery much more manageable. Our detox facility also offers recovery resources such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, family therapy, and group sessions to support your recovery further. With our comprehensive addiction treatment, you can get through all stages of recovery and achieve the happier, healthier life you deserve. Call us today at [Direct] to learn more about our drug detox programs.
Finding the Right Drug Detox Program in Orange County
Finding the best drug detox program for you will mean considering your needs for a healthy recovery. It also entails looking for reputable detox programs that provide the essential components for safe, effective detox. Keep the following services in mind when looking for a drug detox center in Orange County:
- Full detoxification – In order to get proper treatment, it is best to start with a quality detox program. Whether it is a program specializing in detox services only or one that offers both detox and residential treatment is up to you. A drug detox program will allow you to rid your body of the drugs entirely, which will result in withdrawal symptoms. However, quality detox programs will make you feel as comfortable as possible through your period of stay.
- Doctor visits and check-ups – Drug detox facilities should provide around-the-clock monitoring and check your vitals every half hour or hour to start. They should also schedule doctor visits and prescribe medicine to help reduce your withdrawal symptoms.
Finding a drug detox program that provides the above components is a helpful way to narrow your search for the right program for you.
What Type of Detox Programs are Available?
There are several types of detox programs to choose from, and learning about each type can help you decide which might be most suitable. Consider the following detox programs:
- Natural detox – This means detoxing from the comfort of your home, which involves stopping all drugs from entering your body. You would be responsible for not taking your drugs of choice, not giving in to your cravings, and dealing with your withdrawal symptoms. Since you would not have any professionals hovering over you, natural detox makes people relapse. It takes true dedication and persistence to accomplish compared to other detox routes. If you detox from home, you should schedule doctor appointments and have a family member or friend with you at all times in case of an emergency.
- Medical detox – These programs are focused primarily on the medical aspect of detox, meaning you will be monitored by nurses and doctors 24/7, usually in a hospital setting. Detox lasts 2-3 days, focusing on getting the drugs out of your body. They do not care for your withdrawal symptoms as much, and they only accept patients truly and utterly addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- Inpatient drug detox – Most of these will accept some health insurance plans and provide an out-of-pocket discount for those without insurance. Inpatient means you would stay at the detox facility for as little as a few days to as long as a week or two. They cater to your individual needs, make doctor appointments, and make sure you are comfortable. Some of them are bigger facilities and have a harder time individualizing needs, so we can verify your insurance benefits at New Start if you are looking for super-individualized care.
- Outpatient drug detox – These programs are more laid back. If you know you have a problem but do not need supervision or medical care, you can attend an outpatient detox program. This means that you can still attend classes, go to work, or continue your everyday life, but you will be going to meetings and detoxing in between. This is helpful for people who are detoxing from less severe drugs because they have responsibilities they cannot leave behind.
Recover at New Start Recovery’s Drug Detox Center in Orange County
New Start Recovery can set you up for recovery success with our array of amenities that include:
- Private, on-site chef
- Tempur-Pedic beds
- Scheduled doctor visits
- On-site staff 24/7
- Groups and therapy meetings daily
- Medication to help your withdrawal symptoms
- Safe and friendly environment in a house setting
- 12-step program groups
- Meetings about aftercare programs for your next step
- An alumni program for those who graduate our detox program
Contact us via live chat, or call us directly at [Direct] to help guide you to the right drug detox program for you.